Dr hab. inż. Mirosław ŁOMOZIK
Since 1985 has been working for the Department for Testing of Materials Weldability and Welded Structures of Instytut Spawalnictwa, and since 2019 Łukasiewicz Research Network – Institute of Welding.
Area of scientific activity:
- welding engineering,
- structural metallurgy for welding applications,
- weldability of metals and phase transformations in iron and carbon alloys.
International research projects:
- Węglowski M. St., Sędek P., Zeman M., Łomozik M. et al: Strain based design of spiral welded pipes for demanding pipeline application. Project task conducted by Instytut Spawalnictwa in Gliwice. Project executed under the Research Fund for Coal and Steel (RFCS) „Strain based design of spiral welded pipes for demanding pipeline application”. Contract no. RFSR-CT-2013-00025. Duration of the project: 07.2013-06.2016. Project leader: Centro Sviluppo Materiali SPA (Italy, Rome). Member of the project team.
- Kubica M., Sędek A., Słania J., Łomozik M., Węglowski M. St.: DistoolWeld Transfer of a distance learning tool. Leonardo da Vinci project conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2009-2012. Member of the project team.
- Mikno Z., Kowieski Sz., Łomozik M. et al: Project within the VI Framework Programme: FleXible Production Experts for reconfigurable aSSembly technology XPRESS (contract no. NMP2-CT-2006-026674), task: development of a welding prototype for automotive and electrical industry. Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa Gliwice, Poland, in the years of 2007-2011. Member of the project team.
- Węglowski M. St., Łomozik M., Zeman M. et al: Influence of phase transformation on microstructure and mechanical properties of ultra-high strength steel (Re up to 1300 MPa) in relations to development of joining technology. Project conducted within the agreement between Instytut Spawalnictwa in Gliwice and E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute in Kyiv (Ukraine), 2011. Member of the project team.
- Zeman M., Brózda J., Łomozik M., Węglowski M. St.: A novel, high-performance, economic steel concept for linepipe and general structural use. European Commission-Research Found for Coal and Steel, RFSR-CT-2005-00027 HIPERC. Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2005-2009. Member of the project team.
National research projects:
- Łomozik M., Kwieciński K., Zielińska-Lipiec A., Turyk E., Ziewiec A., Urzynicok M., Węglowski M. St., Jachym R.: Determination of the optimum conditions for making welded joints in new steel containing cobalt of PB2 grade with and without heat treatment for operation at elevated temperatures. Own research project no. N508 623540 (NCN Contract no. 6235/B/T02/2011/40). Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2011-2013. Leader of the project.
- Niagaj J., Turyk E., Sędek P., Łomozik M.: Strategic research project “Technologies supporting the development of safe nuclear energy. Research task no. 5 entitled Analysis of the possibilities and criteria for the participation of Polish industry in the development of nuclear energy. Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2011-2013. Member of the project team.
- Pilarczyk A., Łomozik M., et al: IT knowledge and research potential welding platform along with the expansion of the IT infrastructure of the Instytut Spawalnictwa. Project conducted within the Innovative Economy Operational Program, 2007-2013, Priority 2. R&D infrastructure, Measure 2.3 Investments related to the development of IT infrastructure in science. Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2011-2013. Member of the project team.
- Mikno Z., Łomozik M., Zeman M., Pilarczyk A.: Development of a measurement system and methodology in the study of structural transformations in steels under the conditions of thermal welding cycles. Own research project no. N505 002 31/0255, Conducted at Instytut Spawalnictwa in the years of 2006-2009. Member of the project team.
- Łomozik M.: Experimental results-based estimation of cooling time during the TIG surfacing of steels performer with and without preheating. Material Science & Engineering International Journal, Vol. 2, Issue 6, pp. 185-188, 2018
- Pikuła J., Łomozik M., Pfeifer T.: The Influence of Manual Metal Arc Multiple Repair Welding of Long Operated Waterwall on the Structure and Hardness of the Heat Affected Zone of Welded Joints. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 62, Issue 1, pp. 337-343, 2017
- Łomozik M., Zielińska-Lipiec A.: HAZ Microstructure in joints made of X13CrMoCoVNbNB9-2-1 (PB2) steel welded with and without post-weld heat treatment. Metalurgija, Vol. 55, issue 3, pp. 469-472, 2016
- Łomozik M., Hernas A., Zeman M.: Effect of welding thermal cycles on the structure and properties of simulated Heat-Affected Zone areas in X10CrMoVNb9-1 (T91) steel at a state after 100,000 hours of operation. Materials Science & Engineering A, Vol. 637, pp. 82-88, 2015
- Krasnowski K., Łomozik M.: Cracking of Upper Pipe of Hydraulic Prop Made of 32HA Steel: Case Study. Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, no 1, pp. 04015013-1-04015013-6, 2015
- Węglowski M. St., Zeman M., Łomozik M.: Physical Simulation of Weldability of Weldox 1300 Steel. Materials Science Forum, Vol. 762, pp. 551-556, 2013
- Kiszka A., Łomozik M.: Vibration welding of high density polyehylene HDPE - purpose, application, welding technology and quality of joints. Metallic Materials - Kovove Materialy, 51, no 1, pp. 63-70, 2013
- Łomozik M., Zeman M., Jachym R.: Cracking of welded joints made of steel X10CrMoVNb9-1 (T91) - case study. Metallic Materials - Kovove Materialy, 50, no 4, pp. 285-294, 2012
- Łomozik M., Zeman M., Brózda J.: Modern martensitic steels for power industry. Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 12, no 1, pp. 49-59, 2012
- Łomozik M.: New methodology of testing phase transformations in structural steels in welding thermal conditions. Metallic Materials - Kovove Materialy, 50, no 2, pp. 97-105, 2012
- Krasnowski K., Sędek P., Łomozik M., Pietras A.: Impact of selected FSW process parameters on mechanical properties of 6082-T6 aluminium alloy butt joints. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 56, Issue 4, pp. 965-973, 2011
- Brziak P., Łomozik M., Mizuno R., Matsuda F.: Repair welding of SQV2A pressure vessel steel by temper bead techniques without post welding heat treatment. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 56, Issue 2, pp. 205-216, 2011
- Kwieciński K., Urzynicok M., Łomozik M.: Practical experience with welding new generation steel PB2 grade assigned for power industry. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 56, Issue 1, pp. 37-45, 2011
- Łomozik M.: Forecasts for the use of structural materials in the global energy industry until 2020. Rynek Energii, Vol. 90, no 5, pp. 42-47, 2010
- Węglowski M. St., Stano S., Krasnowski K., Łomozik M., Kwieciński K., Jachym R.: Characteristics of Laser Welded Joints of HDT580X Steel. Materials Science Forum. Vols. 638-642, pp. 3739-3744, 2010
- Łomozik M., Zielińska-Lipiec A.: Microscopic analysis of the influence of multiple thermal cycles on simulated HAZ toughness in P91 steel. Archives of Metallurgy and Materials, Vol. 53, Issue 4, pp. 1025-1034, 2008
- Brózda J.†, Jachym R., Kwieciński K., Łomozik M., Węglowski M. St.: Structural steels and their weldability. Edition III, Supplemented edition. Instytut Spawalnictwa, Gliwice, Poland 2017
- Łomozik M., Węglowski M.St.: Electron beam welding - characteristics of the method, equipment, potentials of Instytut Spawalnictwa. Blocks of supercritical working parameters. New metallurgical materials, production technologies, degradation processes and durability assessment of boiler pressure elements. Monograph edited by Prof. A. Hernas, 2015
- Kwieciński K., Łomozik M., Urzynicok M., Mariani P.: Welding New Generation Steel PB2 Using Conventional Welding with and without PWHT with Use of Temper Bead Technique. Monograph edited by Karoly Jarmai, József Farkas, Miskolc, Hungary, Design, Fabrication and Economy of Metal Structures, Springer, 2013
- Łomozik M.: Metallography and metallographic examination of welded joints. Edition II. Instytut Spawalnictwa, Gliwice, Poland, 2011
- Łomozik M., Pietras A., Stano S., Węglowska A., Węglowski M. St., Winiowski A.: Macroscopic and microscopic metallographic examination of structural materials and their welded joints. Instytut Spawalnictwa, Gliwice, Poland, 2009
- Łomozik M.: Morphology and plastic properties of the heat affected zone areas in steel welded joints in terms of the use of tempering beads. AGH University of Science and Technology Press Kraków, Poland, 2007
- Łomozik M.: Metallography and metallographic examination of welded joints. Instytut Spawalnictwa, Gliwice, Poland, 2005
- Łomozik M. et al: Engineer's Guide - Welding, part I, edited by Prof. J. Pilarczyk. Wydawnictwa Naukowo - Techniczne, Warszawa, Poland, 2005
Author and co-author of 4 patents.
Doctoral thesis supervisor:
- Janusz Pikuła: Influence of repair welding on the structure and properties of a structural element for the power industry. AGH University of Science and Technology, Kraków, Poland, 2019
Membership in scientific organizations:
Member of Polish Society of Microscopy (PTMi), European Microscopy Society (EMS), International Federation of Societies for Microscopy (IFSM) and Polish Materials Science Society (PTM).
Awarded the Medal of Stanisław Olszewski.